Dear Parents and Students,
We extend a warm welcome to you all, as we commence the 2014 academic year. We are confident that this will be an excellent year for everyone!
Please take note of the following:
1) We are delighted to announce that in December, our Biology teacher, Kirsty Fisher and her husband became the proud parents of a beautiful little girl, named Jessica. Kirsty’s AS-Level Biology classes will begin in February, whilst all her other classes will recommence as of the 3rd March. Students have already been provided with work, to be completed in the interim.
2) AS-Level results will be available from 12:00, on Friday 24th January. Parents will be notified, should there be any further developments.
3) Given that Lonehilll Academy is obliged to conform with the regulations, laid out by the Gauteng Department of Education, please note that all students from Checkpoint to IGCSE II, must attend school as stipulated:
Monday – Thursday: 07:45am – 13:45pm
Friday: 07:45am – 12:15pm
4) As we are still working out timetable clashes, please bear with us as we update, change and iron out all the creases over the next week or two. We are working hard to try and attend to this as soon as possible so that all students can get into a routine as quickly as possible.
5) Please ensure that all students have a homework diary. This provides a critical link between parent and teacher. We encourage parents to consult the student’s diary regularly.
6) The use of cellphones is not permitted during lessons. Should a student’s cellphone disrupt a class, their cellphone will be confiscated.
7) The Art Programme will commence on Thursday, 30th January. The classes run from 14:00 – 17:00pm. The fee for the programme, will be an additional R1500.00 per term. Please ensure that students are equipped with an A3 drawing pad and the necessary pencils.
8) During pick up times, kindly ensure that you only park in the designated parking bays. When leaving the premises, please refrain from making a u-turn in front of the school. Instead, proceed in the same direction around the block, to avoid accidents and congestion.
We wish our students every success in 2014 and together, we look forward to a rewarding academic year.
The Staff of Lonehilll Academy
The Checkpoint students will be going on a camp from the 19th to the 22nd November at the Bayete Camp.
Bayete is an adventure centre in the hart of the Waterberg, approximately 12km outside Modimolle (Nylstroom) on the old Naboomspruit road.
Bayete consists of about 140 ha, with a natural farm dam and a fountain.
We also have a variety of antelope and wild life that includes, kudu, red hartebeest, blesbuck, impala, springbuck and blue wildebeest. Bayete is a paradise for identifying trees, grasses, field plants and birds.
Bayete specialises in outcomes based education (OBE), camps that includes leadership identification, leadership development, teambuilding, sport camps, and self-catering groups. These programmes are presented in both Afrikaans and English. With every camp emphasis is put on certain skills, which is taught trough short lectures, and strengthened, tested and practically experienced through outdoor adventure activities.
For more information please see their website at www.bayeteadventurecentre.co.za
To fill out an indemnity form please click here
Please take note of the following:
- The cost for the camp is R576.00 for 3 nights and 4 days.
- Cost includes accommodation, transport, facilitator and all meals.
- Students will need to bring sleeping bags, pillows , cutlery and a flashlight. Cover sheets will be provided on mattresses.
- Tuck-shop is available
- The indemnity form must to be returned to the Academy no later than Thursday 31 October 2013.
Please pay no later than 31st of October 2013.
The Lonehill Academy Action Soccer Day was on the 3rd August 2013. People of all ages had lots fun! On such a wonderful warm day, Boerewors rolls and bacon & egg rolls were very quickly sold to satiate the appetite of the hungry players and spectators. We had parents, teachers and students all working frantically to cut rolls, serve tea, make candyfloss or sell cupcakes so that the 300+ attendees could all enjoy the vibe of the music provided by Dedrick van der Schyf and Werner Vos.
Well done to all the Soccer players. You played your hearts out. Congratulations to School Link for winning the event and Perazozo for coming a close second. A big thank you also goes out to Chartwell Country College for showing up with all their teams and spectators (who must have all had sore voices the next day!). You guys got very lucky and barely escaped with a win when playing Lonehill Academy and there will definitely be a rematch in the near future.
Some of the fun:
A very big thank you has to go to Peter Arsalides of Pineslopes Spar for the generous donation of a shopping voucher for R2000. If it wasn’t for you, we would not have been able to provide all the food and drinks and raises money for the Lonehill Academy Social Fund.
Thank you to all the parents and students who helped out on the day with cooking, cleaning, selling etc. It would not have been a success were it not for you.
Lonehill Academy Social Club